Thankfully I have found a few friends here at Augie that have the same passion for cooking as me. Two of my friends, Kayla and Caleb introduced me to Avocado Oil Mayo. In the stores this goes for about 10-12 dollars. Although I prefer quality, healthy products I also have a budget and would never have picked it up in stores unless my mom was in town. But, Thrive Market is an online health store that sells CHEAP health food products. For about $3.50 you can purchase a jar of this crack mayo. It has INCREDIBLE flavor and made with all natural ingredients.
I love tuna but it definitely needs some mayo or sauce because of its dry texture. The contrast between the salty tuna salad and sweet potato made for a perfect lunch. Took about 5 minutes total to make as well.
1 8 oz sweet potato (I buy the ones that are microwave ready in about 3 minutes)
1 Tuna Packet
3-4 Baby Carrots
1 slice red onion (then minced)
1/4 Red Bell Pepper
1- 1.5 Tbs Avocado Oil
1 tsp Smokey Dijon Mustard (Honey or preferred flavor)
Couple drops lemon
1) Microwave Sweet potato for about 3-4 minutes in the microwave
2) Chop up carrots into thin circles, the onion into small minced pieces and the red peppers into small squares.
3) Remove tuna from the package and put in a bowl, add chopped veggies.
4) Mix in mayo, lemon and mustard. Make sure everything is coated.
5) Cut the sweet potato down the middle the hot dog way…….then make three to four cuts going the other direction. So you are left with a sweet potato that looks like your six pack abs. Use a fork and give it a good mash to create a little platform for your tuna salad to pile onto. Salt and Pepper and ENJOYYYYY!!!!