I love egg salad, potato salad and chicken salad. So I though why not mash two of them together. Typically I love chicken salad with a little nut and apple action. But pairing the chicken with egg made me lead to the more savory side of things. The ingredients are simple and it can be enjoyed on a sandwich, salad, chips or brown rice noodles.
(serves about 3)
1 chicken breast
2 tbs Smokin Dixie Mustard (found this at the farmers market!) (or use a honey dijon)
1 tbs olive oil mayo
1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 pieces of celery
2 green onions
1) Hard boil eggs. The trick I learned from my mom is to fill the pot so eggs are covered and turn to medium/high heat for 12 minutes. (start to finish 12 minutes, so start your timer as soon as you turn on the stove, not when they start boiling) After timer goes off run under ice cold water so they stop cooking. For the chicken, dice up and cook in coconut oil or preferred cooking/baking or grilled method. Refrigerate eggs and chicken for at least 2 hours.
2) Peel eggs. Easier said then done …right? Trick I learned is to fill water glass half way full and plop egg in there. Cover the top of the cup with your hand and vigoursly shake around for about 15 seconds. Take out the egg and peel, hopefully in one piece instead of a thousand micro pieces. Dice up eggs and throw in a medium sized bowl.
3) chop up chicken, celery and onion. Add to the eggs.
4) In a small bowl mix together the vinegar, mayo and dijon mustard.
5) Throughly mix sauce onto other ingredients. Dust some pepper and salt on top. Enjoy!