Refreshing side or lunch option with a range of different ingredients! Inspired by a dish I had at a local Mediterranean restaurant.
2 Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (or rice alternative)
1 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 bundle of asparagus
Seeds from one pomegrante
8-9 leaves fresh basil
1 1/2 Tbs Lemongrass Mint Balsamic
2 Tbs olive oil
salt, pepper for seasoning
- Bake, stir fry or grill chicken. Another option is to just buy rotisserie chicken breast and chop up into small pieces.
- Cook quinoa, typically one part quinoa to 2 parts water. I use chicken broth instead of water to add flavor.
- Wash, cut and boil water and add the asparagus in a pot for 5-6 minutes until mildly tender.
- Cut pomegrante and remove seed, throughly picking off the white, peel around the seeds
- Add all ingredients into a bowl. Chop up basil and mix with balsamic and olive oil. Add the dressing to the mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Salt pepper and ENJOY!