Struggling with a case of sweet tooth, I whipped up a quick and healthy zucchini bread that never seizes to amaze! Turn on your baking groove and try out this perfect mid day snack or on the go breakfast.
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup King Arthur Gluten Free Baking Mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 whole eggs
1/4 cup avocado oil (can sub for melted coconut oil)
1/3 cup Just Date Syrup (sub for maple syrup or other sweetener)
1 cup grated zucchini (about two small zucchini or one medium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate small bowl, set aside
- Grate zucchini with a cheese grater or blend on chop mode to a small size (don’t puree)
- Let zucchini lay out on paper towels in a thin layer to release extra moisture. Lightly pat zucchini with a paper towel.
- Beat eggs with date syrup and avocado oil
- Fold in the zucchini to wet ingredients
- Slowly add the dry mixture, gently mixing the dough with a spatula
- Once all dry ingredients have been added, the consistency should be like a thick, moist batter. Feel free to add chocolate chips, chopped nuts or additional sweetener depending on preference
- Grease 9×9 inch pie pan ( I like it to be thick, so prefer a small dish)
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes. Check center and pull out when fork makes it out clean. I usually pull it a tad early and let it cool in the pan. Cool and enjoy with a slab of honey, ghee, or nut butter or just plain Jane!